It’s that time again! I can’t believe it’s the end of August already, weren’t we just ringing in the New Year? I’m excited to share my favorites of the month, there are some beauty favorites and some lifestyle favorites. Khaleesi got in on the fun too and decided to share her favorites too!
- Artis Brushes: I was hesitant about purchasing these brushes because of the price and uncertainty of how well they work. I’m glad I took the plunge! My favorite is the Oval 8 brush. It allows me to apply my foundation quickly and effortlessly. I am able to use less of my foundation and still get a flawless look as if I was using my beauty blender (another staple in my collection).
- Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette: This palette is gorgeous and was all I needed for a great highlighter and a gorgeous blush. It was such a blessing to travel with a sturdy case as well as a lot of options for different looks all in one place. While it may be sold out as a palette, Sephora currently sells the blush/highlight duo compacts featuring a blush and highlight from this palette as well as different formulas of the best selling Champagne Pop.
- Liquid Lipstick Trend: From drugstore to high end, liquid lipsticks have definitely been a staple in my makeup collection. I have been wearing liquid lipsticks on my lips every day, even when I am not going out with a full face of makeup. The key to a great application, for me, is exfoliating the lips and moisturizing so my lips don’t dry out. Some of my favorites have been: Anastasia Beverly Hills, Jeffree Star, Colour Pop and Kat Von D.
- Burberry My Burberry Eau de Toilette: This has not just been a favorite of the month, but the whole summer! I love feminine and flirty scents without feeling like I’m at a candy store. While it has musk in it, it’s not overpowering, it just gives the right amount of a woodsy scent. I also love the citrusy and floral combinations and paired with the musk, it delivers such a fragrance that lasts throughout the day for me. I can definitely see myself using this perfume during the fall as well.
Khaleesi (My favorites):
- Snoozer Lookout II Pet Car Seat: Khaleesi had a car seat prior to this one and really didn’t like being in it. After doing some research, I decided to spend a little extra and get her the Snoozer. I am so glad I did! The lamb wool keeps her cozy and warm. There is no complicated set and the leash harness is short and a blessing helping Khaleesi from straying outside of it! Khaleesi loved was the ability to see directly out of the window! This particular model has a hidden compartment underneath, it’s perfect for storing toys, food or treats during long road trips.
- Bark Box: The Bark Box subscription has been the best decision I’ve made for Khaleesi! It has helped me find all natural treats and chews with her and with the variety they provide, it has been so easy find flavors she likes and dislikes. Bark Box has an amazing selection of toys and I store the extra away and swap them out every few weeks so Khaleesi doesn’t get bored. Khaleesi has definitely loved her Bark Box subscription and she always knows when her box is delivered!
- IRIS Puppy and Dog Training Pet Pad and Holder: Potty training can be quite cumbersome. When I picked up Khaleesi, her breeder told me that Khaleesi loved to play with the puppy pads. I knew I needed something to help prevent that. This pad holder keeps Khaleesi from ripping and playing with her puppy pad. It was a breeze to travel with when I went on my roadtrip with Khaleesi.
- Harness Bows: Khaleesi has been wearing a harness a lot during the summer months instead of her usual harness dresses. I wanted a way to fancy it up so I search the Internet and found AngelzBowz on Facebook. Lori, the owner, makes beautifully handcrafted dog bows and matching harness bows. Her current wait time is 8-12 weeks, but she has a Facebook auction page where she auctions off some of her ready to ship items. AngelBowz harness bows are perfect to dress up any harness and allow Khaleesi to show off her beautiful coat!
- Hamilton Soundtrack: I have been listening to the Hamilton soundtrack not just all month but all summer! It is currently playing as I write this. “Work!” This is the second Broadway show I have fallen in love with and not seen the show/movie first (Wicked was the first). I love that Lin-Manuel Miranda stepped outside of the Broadway stereotype and challenged all of us to see and hear his vision. Hamilton is not your cookie cutter Broadway show and that is precisely why everyone should not only try and see it in person either in NYC or Chicago (starting September 27th at The PrivateBank Theatre), but also purchase the full soundtrack. I promise you won’t regret it!
- Erin Condren Life Planner: With my new blog website and daily life events, my schedule has become pretty full. I wanted something that would help keep me on track as well as motivate me to stay organized, my iPhone calendar isn’t vibrant enough. I looked into getting my first Erin Condren Life Planner and I am in love! It is large enough to fit all of my events/planning in but also small enough to fit in my purse. I dress it up with various stickers and accessories to make it fun and stay on track. I’ll be doing a review soon sharing my thoughts and showing how I plan my week!
- Quay Australia Sunglasses: Living in Florida I am lucky that I can wear my sunglasses pretty much anytime of the year. I have quite a few pairs of sunglasses but right now Quay Australia sunglasses are my current favorite! They are unique and very affordable, the highest I paid was $60. I love the mirror look and Quay Australia does not disappoint! My current favorites are Cherry Bomb and High Key in Gold. If you love Ray Ban sunglasses but find they are too expensive I would definitely try Quay, you won’t be disappointed!
- My Blog: I have always wanted to have a place where I can share my thoughts and experiences in a creative way. I have been working very hard on my blog for the last four months to make sure it is what I had envisioned. During the month of August and into September is when I finally started to see my vision come to life. This blog is filled with my blood, sweat and tears. I have enjoyed learning about how to build a successful blog website and the ins and outs of blogging. I have really surprised myself and I plan to continue on this path and see where it takes me. I am thankful to all of you who have taken the time out of your busy lives to not only read what I have to say but also subscribe! I hope we can only grow as a community but as a family!
**This post contains affiliate links. I purchased the items mentioned with my own money. This is not a sponsored post. The reviews are my own honest opinion. Image sources can be found through the included products links.**